List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Troy Bowman Date:November 17 2001 1:28am
Subject:Fwd: Help? create function returns errno 0: unsupported file type
View as plain text
System: FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
MySQL version: 3.23.43
UDF code: http://www.aros.net/~lump/udf_int_ip.cc

I've been trying to implement my own loadable function for mysql.  I needed
a function which converts a 4-byte integer into an IP address.  I wrote a
UDF for mysql, and It compiles fine, but when I try to create the function
in mysql, it tells me that the type is unsupported.  i.e.:

mysql> CREATE FUNCTION int2ip RETURNS STRING SONAME "libudf_int_ip.so";
ERROR 1126: Can't open shared library 'libudf_int_ip.so' (errno: 0
/usr/lib/libudf_int_ip.so: unsupported file type)

I figured it might be my code, and tried compiling the udf_example, and it
gives me the same thing, i.e.:

mysql> CREATE FUNCTION lookup RETURNS STRING SONAME "libudf_example.so";
ERROR 1126: Can't open shared library 'libudf_example.so' (errno: 0
/usr/lib/libudf_example.so: unsupported file type)

I don't get why it would be unsupported, and need some outside help :)
Please?  Pretty please?

thanks,

...troy.
Thread
Fwd: Help? create function returns errno 0: unsupported file typeTroy Bowman17 Nov
  • Re: Fwd: Help? create function returns errno 0: unsupported file typeSinisa Milivojevic17 Nov
    • Re: Fwd: Help? create function returns errno 0: unsupported filetypeTroy Bowman18 Nov
      • Re: Fwd: Help? create function returns errno 0: unsupported file typeDan Nelson18 Nov