List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:November 16 2001 7:39pm
Subject:Re: shutdown still a problem on Darwin
View as plain text
In the last episode (Nov 16), Erik Price said:
> Alternatively, I am open to a workaround until the working version is
> released.  I can actually use MySQL (as far as I know), it's just the
> "shutdown" that hangs.  I have to use "kill -9" in order to kill the
> daemon.  This makes me worry about my data, since this command has
> the potential to cause corruption.  Is there some way that I can
> preserve the data, or protect it from corruption, so that at the end
> of the day when I shut down my laptop I can use "kill -9" without
> fear of damaging the contents?

As long as there are no active connections, killing mysql will not
affect the database.  If you kill mysql during an update, you risk
corrupting any indexes on the tables being modified.  If your tables
are BDB or InnoDB format, you should be able to kill mysql at any time
without damaging your tables.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped