List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:George.Coicici Date:November 16 2001 2:22pm
Subject:CGI and MySQL
View as plain text
Hi,
I'm currently working on a project in which I am working with CGI scripts
for a web based user interface, and MySQL for my database. I'm a student at
a University of Waterloo (in Canada). The program is a hotel reservation
system (irrelevant) and I'm coding in C and C++. The system is being
developed on a Solaris box. , and my problem is that the CGI script is on a
different server than the one where my database is one. In fact, my
database is located on my Win2k box at home. I noticed that the
mysql_real_connect() method in the MySQL C API, has a specification for the
IP address, and port. However when I specify the IP address of my box at
home and a port 3306 (definitely not in use) and leave the password and
user NULL (because I haven't set up a password and user) it tells me it
cannot connect to the MySQL server on port 3306. I know the problem isn't
that I'm not running the daemon, because I check that already. Is there
something I'm missing or is this even possible???

Please reply to the above email address AS WELL AS TO:
georgecoicici@stripped

I appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Thank you
George

Thread
CGI and MySQLGeorge.Coicici16 Nov