List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike(mickalo)Blezien Date:November 14 2001 5:32pm
Subject:Re: mysqld shutdown
View as plain text
On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 08:38:04 -0800, Bill Adams <badams@stripped>   wrote:

>>> /usr/local/mysql/bin:mysql$ mysqladmin -u root -p shutdown
>>>
>>> But this one doesn't work for me, even though I am using the proper
>>> password and am the proper user.  Executing this command just leaves me
>>> hanging at the prompt (and the only way to get out of the hang is to
>>> either suspend the job, which also has no effect).
>>
>>Do you have a query still running? E.g. does mysqladmin -uroot -p
>>processlist show any locks?  If so, can you kill the thread with mysqladmin
>>kill?

Have you tried ./mysqladmin -u root -p shutdown

when in the 'bin' folder otherwise typing mysqladmin, it will check the server
PATH, to find the mysqladmin

Mike(mickalo)Blezien
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Thunder Rain Internet Publishing
Providing Internet Solutions that work!
http://www.thunder-rain.com
Tel: 1(225)686-2002
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Thread
mysqld shutdownErik Price14 Nov
  • Re: mysqld shutdownBill Adams14 Nov
    • Re: mysqld shutdownErik Price14 Nov
      • Re: mysqld shutdownBill Adams14 Nov
        • Re: mysqld shutdownErik Price14 Nov
        • Re: mysqld shutdownSergei Golubchik14 Nov
          • Re: mysqld shutdownErik Price14 Nov
            • Re: mysqld shutdownGerald Clark14 Nov
            • Re: mysqld shutdownDan Nelson15 Nov
              • Re: mysqld shutdownErik Price15 Nov
    • Re: mysqld shutdownMike(mickalo)Blezien14 Nov
Re: mysqld shutdownErik Price14 Nov