List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Erik Price Date:November 14 2001 5:07pm
Subject:Re: mysqld shutdown
View as plain text
--- Bill Adams <badams@stripped> wrote:
> This seems like an OS bug to me.  All of the things you mention in
> your last
> email should stop mysql from running.
>
> What happens if you do (where safe_mysqld is running) 'fg' and
> then CTRL+c?  Does that just hang too?
>
> Do you need the debugging for mysql? (it slows it down).  Perhaps
> there is a
> problem with that and recompiling w/o --with-debug would help.

Here's what I get:

mysql:localhost~:$ jobs
[1]+  Running                 /usr/local/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld
--socket=/usr/local/mysql/run/mysql_socket &
mysql:localhost~:$ fg
/usr/local/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld
--socket=/usr/local/mysql/run/mysql_socket  (wd: /Users/eprice)
^C
^C
^\
^\
^Z
^Z

(still hanging/waiting)

So... I used --with-debug because the instructions that I was following
included them and because I thought that it might be useful to have.
Do you think that it's something I can live without?  I don't even know
how to use the debug, to be completely honest.

If I do need to recompile without --with-debg, what's the procedure for
that?  Do I need to remove the /usr/local/mysql directory, and start
over from ./configure ?  I'm new to compiling from source, so I don't
know what the standard procedure is.

Thanks,

Erik

http://personals.yahoo.com
Thread
mysqld shutdownErik Price14 Nov
  • Re: mysqld shutdownBill Adams14 Nov
    • Re: mysqld shutdownErik Price14 Nov
      • Re: mysqld shutdownBill Adams14 Nov
        • Re: mysqld shutdownErik Price14 Nov
        • Re: mysqld shutdownSergei Golubchik14 Nov
          • Re: mysqld shutdownErik Price14 Nov
            • Re: mysqld shutdownGerald Clark14 Nov
            • Re: mysqld shutdownDan Nelson15 Nov
              • Re: mysqld shutdownErik Price15 Nov
    • Re: mysqld shutdownMike(mickalo)Blezien14 Nov
Re: mysqld shutdownErik Price14 Nov