List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bill Adams Date:November 14 2001 4:38pm
Subject:Re: mysqld shutdown
View as plain text
Erik Price wrote:

> All,
>
> Well, I solved the mystery of the missing Unix socket.  It needs to be
> defined at the time the daemon is started with:
> --socket=/path/to/socket.   Well, at least in my installation it does.
>
> But now I'm having the OPPOSITE problem -- shutting down the server
> (the daemon).  I've searched the issue at length in the documentation,
> as well as in DuBois' "MySQL" (New Riders), and found quite a bit of
> information about shutting down the server.  One option is to use
>
> /usr/local/mysql/bin:mysql$ mysqladmin -u root -p shutdown
>
> But this one doesn't work for me, even though I am using the proper
> password and am the proper user.  Executing this command just leaves me
> hanging at the prompt (and the only way to get out of the hang is to
> either suspend the job, which also has no effect).

Do you have a query still running? E.g. does mysqladmin -uroot -p
processlist show any locks?  If so, can you kill the thread with mysqladmin
kill?

b.

Thread
mysqld shutdownErik Price14 Nov
  • Re: mysqld shutdownBill Adams14 Nov
    • Re: mysqld shutdownErik Price14 Nov
      • Re: mysqld shutdownBill Adams14 Nov
        • Re: mysqld shutdownErik Price14 Nov
        • Re: mysqld shutdownSergei Golubchik14 Nov
          • Re: mysqld shutdownErik Price14 Nov
            • Re: mysqld shutdownGerald Clark14 Nov
            • Re: mysqld shutdownDan Nelson15 Nov
              • Re: mysqld shutdownErik Price15 Nov
    • Re: mysqld shutdownMike(mickalo)Blezien14 Nov
Re: mysqld shutdownErik Price14 Nov