List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 2 1999 6:52pm
Subject:Re: [Fwd: myodbc drivers for slackware linux]
View as plain text

Van> Jay wrote:

>> > Has anyone gotten an odbc driver for mysql compiled for linux slackware?
>> >
>> > I can install the binary distribution of mysql fine, and access it from
> windows
>> > using the win95 drivers they provided. I can't compile the myodbc source
>> > without a compiled and configured version of the source tree for mysql too.
>> > Which I can't get, since it takes more virtual memory than I have on my
> box.
>> > I really don't want to reinstall it with a larger swap area...
>> >
>> > Thanks!

Van> Good question, Jay.  I'm about to start doing the same to my slackware
Van> 3.6 box with kernel 2.0.36 so I can connect using a FoxPro 5.0
Van> application I need to port over to Access, then, to MySQL 3.22.24.
Van> I won't have much for an hour, but, keep me posted if you get ahead of
Van> me.

Hi!

You don't need to compile MySQL to configure MyODBC;  You only must
configure it!

You can avoid the virtual memory problem by configuring with:

./configure --without-server

or

./configure --with-low-memory

Regards,
Monty

Thread
[Fwd: myodbc drivers for slackware linux]Jay29 Jul
  • Re: [Fwd: myodbc drivers for slackware linux]Van29 Jul
    • Re: [Fwd: myodbc drivers for slackware linux]Michael Widenius2 Aug
  • Re: [Fwd: myodbc drivers for slackware linux]Jay4 Aug
  • Re: [Fwd: myodbc drivers for slackware linux]Jay4 Aug