List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 2 1999 7:32pm
Subject:ERROR 3: Error writing file 'UNOPENED' (Errcode: 9)
View as plain text
>>>>> "Quentin" == Quentin Bennett <quentin.bennett@stripped>
> writes:

Quentin> Hi,
Quentin> New to MySQL, two days ago, and going well so far. V 3.22.25 on Solaris 2.5
Quentin> x86

Quentin> Two questions:

Quentin> 1. I get the above message doing

Quentin> SELECT field1,field2 into '/tmp/fred' from mytable where ....;

Quentin> A search of Email archive for UNOPENED find a message from monty, sent 1 Feb
Quentin> 99, stating that
Quentin> "I think this is an old bug that is probably solved in 3.21.33.
Quentin> It'sdefinitely solved in MySQL 3.22.15"
Quentin> Does this mean that a. this behaviour is expected, but I do not understand
Quentin> the error or b. monty was not telling the whole truth ? :-)

Can you produce a test case for the above?  This must be some other
bug than the one that hit us last time :(

Quentin> 2. General question - why the use of E-mail discussion rather than a
Quentin> newgroup

This has been discussed many times;  Please check the MySQL email
archive for this...

Regards,
Monty
Thread
ERROR 3: Error writing file 'UNOPENED' (Errcode: 9)Michael Widenius2 Aug
RE: ERROR 3: Error writing file 'UNOPENED' (Errcode: 9)Quentin Bennett3 Aug
RE: ERROR 3: Error writing file 'UNOPENED' (Errcode: 9)Paul DuBois3 Aug
RE: ERROR 3: Error writing file 'UNOPENED' (Errcode: 9)Quentin Bennett3 Aug
RE: ERROR 3: Error writing file 'UNOPENED' (Errcode: 9)Michael Widenius3 Aug
RE: ERROR 3: Error writing file 'UNOPENED' (Errcode: 9)Michael Widenius3 Aug