List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kenneth L Wells Date:November 12 2001 8:07pm
Subject:Mysqladmin help please help
View as plain text
Please help!!!!

I'm at the end of my rope...

I just ran a script to create databases in my SQl server, it runs fine

When it completes it says remember to set a password for the mysql root
user!

I entered this?

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin -u root -p password password  (I want
password to be the password)
It returns Enter password: I entered password again

Is this the password it wants???

Then I want to add this localhost to login into the mysql database

I enter:

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin - u root -h giswinxp -p password password
It returns Enter password: I entered password again

The error I get is:

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'giswinxp' failed
Error: 'Host 'giswinxp.daytonoh.com' is not allowed to connect to this mysql
server'

Can anyone help me????

How do I get this server access to this sql server?? I log in as root.....

Please help me

Thread
Mysqladmin help please helpKenneth L Wells12 Nov
  • Re: Mysqladmin help please helpBill Adams12 Nov