List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay J Date:August 2 1999 1:51pm
Subject:Re: How to change Order of SELECT
View as plain text
I believe this is standard SQL.

http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_Reference.html#SELECT

refer to the [ ASC | DESC ] portion.

From: Geocrawler.com <archiver@stripped>
To: <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Monday, August 02, 1999 8:33 AM
Subject: How to change Order of SELECT

> This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "Martin Lilienthal"
<webmaster@stripped>
> Be sure to reply to that address.
>
> How can I change the order of a SELECT?
>
> For example (in_time is a column which contains a Timestamp-Value):
> When I try "SELECT * FROM test ORDER by in_time;"
> MySQL returns this:
> val1, val2, val3, 19990802145736
> val1, val2, val3, 19990802145737
> val1, val2, val3, 19990802145738
> val1, val2, val3, 19990802145739
>
> But I want this:
>
> val1, val2, val3, 19990802145739
> val1, val2, val3, 19990802145738
> val1, val2, val3, 19990802145737
> val1, val2, val3, 19990802145736
>
> How can I realize this?
>
> regards, Martin
>

> Geocrawler.com - The Knowledge Archive

How to change Order of SELECTGeocrawler.com2 Aug
  • Re: How to change Order of SELECTJay J2 Aug
    • locking questionMiso Pach2 Aug
      • locking questionsinisa2 Aug
        • Re: locking questionMiso Pach2 Aug
  • Re: How to change Order of SELECTMartin Ramsch2 Aug
  • Re: How to change Order of SELECTRalph Graulich2 Aug
  • Re: How to change Order of SELECTLaurent SIMON2 Aug