List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Edelius Date:August 2 1999 11:50am
Subject:SV: Error in SQL statement? Where?
View as plain text
>> I get a really (IMHO) strange error when doing a query like this
(this
>> is in PHP3 btw): $result=mysql_query("select * from posts;");
>> Any ideas?
>
> Remove the semicolon! Semicolons are parsed by mysql client not the
>server.

If so, this has recently been changed in either PHP or MySQL since I've
*always* included semicolons in my queries and it has worked without a
problem. If I remove it the error disappeared but I got no results back.

I'll add some more printf() debugging to the script and see what
happens.

Thanks for the reply!

Best regards,
Martin Edelius

Spirex Digital Design

www: http://www.spirex.se
Mail: martin.edelius@stripped
Phone: +46-31-514651, 0708-113711
Fax: +46-31-514331
S-422 43 Hisings Backa

Thread
SV: Error in SQL statement? Where?Martin Edelius2 Aug