List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay J Date:August 2 1999 10:13am
Subject:Re: store array of integers using a BLOB? .. correction
View as plain text
> Yes. A massive string of fixed length (4 bytes) concatenated numbers -
which
> I'd then extract at runtime with something like:
>
>  my @nums = unpack("A4"x( length($bigstring)/4 ), $bigstring); # or
> substring or s/// or ...

Yikes, I'd hate for someone to use that unpack(), the "A" should be
lowercase (null padded, NOT space padded):

my @nums = unpack("a4"x( length($bigstring)/4 ), $bigstring);

I'm done,
-Jay J

Thread
store array of integers using a BLOB?Jay J2 Aug
  • Re: store array of integers using a BLOB?Martin Ramsch2 Aug
  • Re: store array of integers using a BLOB? [success]Jay J2 Aug
  • Re: store array of integers using a BLOB? .. correctionJay J2 Aug
  • store array of integers using a BLOB?Michael Widenius3 Aug