List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Broxterman Date:November 9 2001 5:33am
Subject:Get real mysqld hostname
View as plain text
I'm looking for a programatic way to obtain the real FQDN of the myqld
server, not the one used to connect to the server. Here's the scenario,
several servers running mysqld are behind a virtual IP so when you connect
to mysqld you do not know which server you are really connected to. The
get_host_info only returns the name used to connect to the virtual
address.

I've checked the variables table but the hostname is not there either. I
can solve the problem by creating a database with the name of the host but
that's not very elegant nor can I use dots for the IP or FQDN as the db
name.

Thread
Get real mysqld hostnameMike Broxterman9 Nov
  • Re: Get real mysqld hostnameDan Nelson9 Nov