List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 2 1999 12:42am
Subject:GRANT bugs for mysqlimport, select into outfile?
View as plain text
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Ludemann <ludemann@stripped> writes:

Peter> I am able to do the usual SQL things as myself, but I cannot run
Peter> mysqlimport nor can I do a select into outfile as myself; I must be
Peter> the mysql "root" to do these.  Attached (in How-To-Repeat) are two
Peter> examples of failure.

Peter> BTW, it would be *very* nice if mysqlimport would return error codes;
Peter> as things stand, I need to put the following into my Makefile scripts:

Peter> 	mysqlimport $(DBH) -u $(IMPORT_USER) -l -d -v $(DB) $< 2>&1 | tee $@
Peter> 	if grep 'mysqlimport: Error' $@ ; then exit 1; fi

Hi!

I just checked the mysqlimport command;  It should return an exit code
of 1 if something goes wrong!

Just add 'File_priv' to your normal users and mysqlimport should work!

Regards,
Monty

Thread
GRANT bugs for mysqlimport, select into outfile?Peter Ludemann23 Jul
  • GRANT bugs for mysqlimport, select into outfile?sinisa24 Jul
    • GRANT bugs for mysqlimport, select into outfile?Jani Tolonen27 Jul
  • Re: GRANT bugs for mysqlimport, select into outfile?Peter Ludemann27 Jul
    • Re: GRANT bugs for mysqlimport, select into outfile?Paul DuBois27 Jul
      • Re: GRANT bugs for mysqlimport, select into outfile?Peter Ludemann27 Jul
  • Re: GRANT bugs for mysqlimport, select into outfile?Scott Hess27 Jul
  • GRANT bugs for mysqlimport, select into outfile?Michael Widenius2 Aug