List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 2 1999 1:46am
Subject:Re: 13.2 Setting up a table maintenance regime
View as plain text

>> Ok. However nothing is told about errorlevel, which signals about
>> presence of a error. Tell, please, how it is possible to automate
>> this check at server startup?

tonu-mysql>  Maybe there are some better ideas but in my experience if tables are
tonu-mysql> broken, MySQL mostly crashes and falls off only on kill -9. So, I think
tonu-mysql> there is a no good way to detect broken tables. Possibly there is a best
tonu-mysql> way to implement some "mounting" bit in tables to check possible errors.

Hi!

MyISAM (in 3.23) already has such a bit.

To 'quickly' check tables that where left open, you can do:

myisamchk --force --fast */*.MYI

Regards,
Monty

Thread
13.2 Setting up a table maintenance regimeIgor Vinokurov25 Jul
  • Re: 13.2 Setting up a table maintenance regimetonu-mysql25 Jul
    • Re: 13.2 Setting up a table maintenance regimeIgor Vinokurov25 Jul
      • Re: 13.2 Setting up a table maintenance regimetonu-mysql25 Jul
        • Re: 13.2 Setting up a table maintenance regimeIgor Vinokurov25 Jul
    • Re: 13.2 Setting up a table maintenance regimeMichael Widenius2 Aug
  • Re: Problem with query comparing to a DATE on Linux OpenOfficeAlaios11 Nov
    • Re: Problem with query comparing to a DATE on Linux OpenOfficeMarc11 Nov