List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:November 7 2001 11:31pm
Subject:Re: AW: JOBS in mysql
View as plain text
At 12:23 AM +0100 11/8/01, Christian Sage wrote:
>Hi,
>
>>  Harpreet wrote:
>>
>>  > I have run JOBs in sql server and was wondering if we have ne thign
>similar
>>  > in mysql or use PHP to write a script that would automatically run
>every 10
>>  > minutes.
>>
>>  Unix has cron: 'man crontab'
>>
>>  I think Win2k has it included.  Otherwise you will have to get an add-on
>>  service.
>
>AFAIK there is only 'at' and not 'cron' to be had from the command line.
>You could also achieve the desired result using 'at', I guess, but the
>action list would become a pain to maintain, and it would also be a
>serious abuse of the utility (IMHO, that is).
>
>Your best bet is probably to hunt around for a freeware utility. There's
>bound to be something somewhere on the net.

For Windows, a free version of cron is available at:

     http://members.nbci.com/kalab/cron.htm

Other Windows schedulers that may be suitable can be obtained here:

     http://www.simplythebest.net/schedule.html
Thread
Validity CheckYiu Wing7 Nov
  • Re: Validity CheckStuart Fox7 Nov
  • JOBS in mysqlHarpreet7 Nov
    • Re: [PHP-DB] JOBS in mysqlJon Farmer7 Nov
    • Re: JOBS in mysqlBill Adams7 Nov
      • AW: JOBS in mysqlChristian Sage8 Nov
        • Re: AW: JOBS in mysqlPaul DuBois8 Nov
        • RE: JOBS in mysqlBill Blowitz8 Nov