List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Leon D. McClatchey Date:November 7 2001 11:07pm
Subject:Re: Zip Code Database
View as plain text
On Tuesday 06 November 2001 09:09 pm, Matt - Smokescreen wrote:
> I'm looking for a zip code database, something that lists zips, cities,
> states and anything else. I'd appreciate anybody responding to me
> (matt@stripped) if they know where I can get a free database.

I've got one that I've converted over from a dbf format into a mysql format,
I'm constantly updating it when I have new data.  It lists City,State,Zip,
and Area code.  The original dbf (which I've still got), had the Zip and Area
codes in text format, but when I converted it into a mysql table, I also the
Zip column to int(5) leading zeros, and Area into medint(3).  (I figured the
numeric would save more space then the text form:-)  It is a fairly large
table, but let me know and I can send you either the dbf or the mysql format?

> Thanks.

cya l8r
Leon D. McClatchey
mailto:leonmcclatchey@stripped
ICQ:#112341159

The sooner you make your first 5000 mistakes, the sooner you will be
able to correct them.
		-- Nicolaides
Thread
Zip Code DatabaseMatt - Smokescreen7 Nov
  • Re: Zip Code DatabaseGary Huntress7 Nov
  • Re: Zip Code DatabaseDan Nelson7 Nov
  • Re: Zip Code DatabaseGary Huntress7 Nov
    • Re: Zip Code Databasekronos8 Nov
  • Re: Zip Code DatabaseLeon D. McClatchey8 Nov