List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 2 1999 2:43am
Subject:table crash bug
View as plain text
>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Dvorak <mdvorak@stripped> writes:

Martin>   I found an error which is probably caused by czech module (I do not know
Martin> it for sure, because
Martin>   I haven't a chance to test it yet, but I've seen some references on
Martin> mailing lists). As you
Martin>   can see, I'm REPLACING INTO EMPTY TABLE, and something goes wrong when an
Martin> already existing
Martin>   row is to be replaced. But not always, if I try to do only two REPLACEs
Martin> with the same rows,
Martin>   everything goes OK.

Martin>   My MySQL version is 3.22.23 and I compiled it with:
Martin>   --prefix=/site/exec/mysql --exec-prefix=/site/exec/mysql \
Martin>   --with-charset=czech --without-debug \
Martin>   --localstatedir=/site/exec/mysql/db --with-mysqld-user=mysqld

Martin>   It is running on FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE system with 96MB of memory.

Martin>   Thanks for any solution, because I want to use MySQL in production
Martin> environment, but I cannot
Martin>   if it unexpectedly crashes without any reason.

Martin>   Martin Dvorak

<cut>

Hi!

Note that if you want to use the czech character set you must apply the
czech patch that you can find in the Patches directory at
http://www.mysql.com/download.html!

The patch is applied in MySQL 3.23, but not in 3.22 because it may
crash some other character set in this version!

Regards,
Monty

Thread
table crash bugMartin Dvorak27 Jul