List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:November 7 2001 4:30am
Subject:Re: Zip Code Database
View as plain text
In the last episode (Nov 06), Matt - Smokescreen said:
> I'm looking for a zip code database, something that lists zips,
> cities, states and anything else. I'd appreciate anybody responding
> to me (matt@stripped) if they know where I can get a free
> database.

You can get 1990 zip code tables from the US Census bureau at
http://ftp.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/places.html , but be aware that
the data is 10 years old.  Lots of cities and zipcodes have apparead
since then.

If you want accurate data, the US Postal Service is the official
source.  http://www.usps.gov/ncsc/ziplookup/zipcodefaqs.htm has info on
that, and there are a number of address-correction service bureaus that
will sell you a single copy of or a subscription service for updated
city/state/zip/lat+long data.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped