List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:November 6 2001 11:49pm
Subject:Re: transfer a database that was built on ver 3.23.41 to a ver
3.22.32
View as plain text
>Hello,
>  can some one advise me how to transfer a database that was built on ver
>3.23.41 to a ver 3.22.32,

That's going to be a problem, there are a lot of things in 3.23.xx that
aren't supported in 3.22.

>  I've tried mysqldump command, but i get TYPE=ISAM
>PACK_KEYS=1 at the end of each table creation which for some reason 3.22.32
>does not like this.

Try editing the dump file to delete them.  You'll probably find it easier
to dump two files, one containing the table definitions, and one containing
just the data.  Then you won't have to edit a potentially very large file.
This will also have the advantage that you can find out more quickly if
the table definitions aren't accepted.

mysqldump --no-data --add-drop-table db_name > tbls.sql
mysqldump --no-create-info db_name > data.sql

>any advice would be much appreciated.
>
>Norman

Thread
transfer a database that was built on ver 3.23.41 to a ver 3.22.32Norman Khine7 Nov
  • Re: transfer a database that was built on ver 3.23.41 to a ver3.22.32Paul DuBois7 Nov