List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 1 1999 8:08pm
Subject:Cant connect error
View as plain text

B> Hello friends,
B> I encountered the following problem while using mysql 2.2.23b
B> on FreeBSD 3.0...

B> "Server is not accessible Error :Can't connect to local MySQL server through
B> socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (38)"

B> I am trying to connect to the mysql server from an APACHE HTTP server module..
B> It works for some time  but all of a sudden it goes down and
B> gives the abow error

B> I'll be really greatful to you if you help me out of this

B> Thanks

B> Pavan

B> B.V.PAVAN KUMAR.,
B>          Software Engineer(Networking)..,
B> Rendezvous On Chip Pvt Ltd.
B> First Floor,Plot no:14,
B> NewVasaviNagar,Kharkana,
B> SECUNDERABAD - 500019.
B> Office Ph:(040)7742606,7740406

Hi!

Try connecting trough the hostname instead of 'localhost';  'localhost'
uses sockets and mysqld on FreeBSD 3.0 compiled with MIT-pthreads
can't use sockets!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Cant connect errorB.Vishnu Pavan Kumar20 Jul
  • Re: Cant connect errorSasha Pachev20 Jul
  • Cant connect errorMichael Widenius2 Aug