List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 1 1999 8:49pm
Subject:DBI compilation problems
View as plain text
>>>>> "Soren" == Soren Birk Jacobsen <kurgan@stripped> writes:

Soren> I'm trying to compile DBI on a SGI, perl here defaults to 'cc', so I've
Soren> modified the config.pm file for it to use 'gcc', but in what seems to be
Soren> the very end of the compilation I get the following error:

Soren> .
Soren> .
Soren> .
Soren> Running Mkbootstrap for DBI ()
Soren>         chmod 644 DBI.bs
Soren>         LD_RUN_PATH="" gcc  -IPA -o blib/arch/auto/DBI/DBI.so  -shared
Soren> DBI.o
Soren> ld32: FATAL 2: Internal: at ../../ld/dynutil.c Trying to add too many
Soren> .rel.dyn entries into the allocated space
Soren> ld32: INFO 152: Output file removed because of error.
Soren> *** Error code 1 (bu21)

Hi!

Te above is probably a gcc or a linker problem;  Try to update gcc to
gcc 2.95 or egcs 1.1.2 !

Regards,
Monty
Thread
DBI compilation problemsSoren Birk Jacobsen21 Jul
  • DBI compilation problemsMichael Widenius2 Aug