List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 1 1999 9:29pm
Subject:MyODBC 2.50.24
View as plain text
>>>>> "Sanjeeb" == Sanjeeb K Bhuyan <skbhuyan@stripped> writes:

Sanjeeb> Hi,
Sanjeeb>    This is the history. I installed the binary version of mysql on a solaris
Sanjeeb> machine,cuz it did not have a compiler....it worked fine. I then installed
Sanjeeb> gcc,etc. Now i wanted to link mysql with my middleware package--webobjects.
Sanjeeb> somebody said i could do this using MyODBC(www.tcx.se/download_myodbc.html).
Sanjeeb> When I try to install myodbc,it goes thru the configuration,till it asks me
Sanjeeb> to specify the directory where the source package of mysql is configured.
Sanjeeb> specifying the directory where the binary is installed oes not work...
Sanjeeb> so is the only alternative to install the source?doesn't this seem kinda
Sanjeeb> strange?that the binary does not work with odbc?
Sanjeeb>                i did try to install the source,but it pauses cuz it needs a c
Sanjeeb> compiler,and the c compiler on the sun doesn't saeem to work....
Sanjeeb>                 thanx!!!!
Sanjeeb>                     sanjeeb

Hi!

If I remember correctly, you don't have to compile the MySQL source to
compile MyODBC;  You only need to configure it.

The above is needed as MyODBC uses the same libraries as MySQL and we
didn't want to duplicate everything in MyODBC...

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MyODBC 2.50.24Sanjeeb K Bhuyan22 Jul