List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 1 1999 9:29pm
Subject:MyODBC 2.50.24
View as plain text
>>>>> "Sanjeeb" == Sanjeeb K Bhuyan <skbhuyan@stripped> writes:

Sanjeeb> Hi,
Sanjeeb>    This is the history. I installed the binary version of mysql on a solaris
Sanjeeb> machine,cuz it did not have a worked fine. I then installed
Sanjeeb> gcc,etc. Now i wanted to link mysql with my middleware package--webobjects.
Sanjeeb> somebody said i could do this using MyODBC(
Sanjeeb> When I try to install myodbc,it goes thru the configuration,till it asks me
Sanjeeb> to specify the directory where the source package of mysql is configured.
Sanjeeb> specifying the directory where the binary is installed oes not work...
Sanjeeb> so is the only alternative to install the source?doesn't this seem kinda
Sanjeeb> strange?that the binary does not work with odbc?
Sanjeeb>                i did try to install the source,but it pauses cuz it needs a c
Sanjeeb> compiler,and the c compiler on the sun doesn't saeem to work....
Sanjeeb>                 thanx!!!!
Sanjeeb>                     sanjeeb

If I remember correctly, you don't have to compile the MySQL source to
compile MyODBC;  You only need to configure it.

The above is needed as MyODBC uses the same libraries as MySQL and we
didn't want to duplicate everything in MyODBC...

MyODBC 2.50.24Sanjeeb K Bhuyan22 Jul
  • MyODBC 2.50.24Jani Tolonen23 Jul
  • MyODBC 2.50.24Michael Widenius2 Aug
  • Re: MyODBC 2.50.24Van2 Aug