List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:March 12 1999 3:42pm
Subject:Re: Delete the first found record in SQL?
View as plain text
One way to do it (maybe not the best) is to create a temporary table
just like tablename, SELECT DISTINCT into that table (or do whatever
you need in order to get the info you want into that table - select
limit 1, whatever), then drop the first table and rename.  There are
several variations on this scheme that might work for you.

By the way, MySQL doesn't support SELECT ... INTO TABLE ...; but it
does support INSERT INTO TABLE foo (f, g, h) SELECT x, y, z FROM ...,
which is usually just as good.

Tim