List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Ramsch Date:August 1 1999 11:58am
Subject:Re: Fw: Binary Data & MySQL (clarification)
View as plain text
On Sa, 1999-07-31 20:06:25 -0700, Jose de Leon wrote:
> Unfortunately, it is impossible to specify proper field delimiters
> or record delimiters since the BLOB data is binary and unpredictable
> in nature.

You're right under the assumption not to touch the binary data at all.

Though, if you want your record delimiters to be quotes ("), just be
sure to escape all other quotes that might be included in your binary
data by prepending a backslash (\) to them.  But this is part of the
normal escaping you should do for binary data anyway ... see my other
reply.

Regards,
  Martin
Fw: Binary Data & MySQL (clarification)Jose de Leon1 Aug
  • Re: Fw: Binary Data & MySQL (clarification)Martin Ramsch1 Aug