List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jose de Leon Date:August 1 1999 3:06am
Subject:Fw: Binary Data & MySQL (clarification)
View as plain text
I want to clarify why it appears I can't use LOAD INFILE for inserting
binary blob data.  If I am loading only one field, namely the BLOB, then it
looks as if it will work according to the specs.  However, since it is not
retrievable via an associated ID, it is unusable.  In order to associate an
ID with the BLOB, there needs to be a second field in the INFILE.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to specify proper field delimiters or record
delimiters since the BLOB data is binary and unpredictable in nature.

So...although it sounds like the new function load_file() is what I need, I
don't want to upgrade if the new version of MySQL is not stable since I am
working with a production server.

BTW, I am using version MySQL 3.22.21

Thanks Again,
Jose de Leon