List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stephen Lee Date:November 2 2001 11:17pm
Subject:Innodb file sizes
View as plain text
I have the following settings in /etc/my.cnf:

default-table-type=innodb
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:1000M
innodb_data_home_dir = /var/lib/mysql/
innodb_log_group_home_dir = /var/lib/mysql/
innodb_log_arch_dir = /var/lib/mysql/
set-variable = innodb_mirrored_log_groups=1
set-variable = innodb_log_files_in_group=3
set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=5M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1
innodb_log_archive=0
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=16M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=2M
set-variable = innodb_file_io_threads=4
set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50

The resulting files:
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        2560 Nov  2 12:17
ib_arch_log_0000000000
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        2560 Nov  2 12:20
ib_arch_log_0000000002
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        2560 Nov  2 14:16
ib_arch_log_0000000004
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql    1048576000 Nov  2 14:16 ibdata1
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql     5242880 Nov  2 14:16 ib_logfile0
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql     5242880 Nov  2 09:30 ib_logfile1
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql     5242880 Nov  1 10:10 ib_logfile2

The size of all the databases using the Innodb format total nowhere near
1Gig. The tables were converted with "ALTER TABLE tbl_name TYPE=INNODB;"
from the myISAM type. Are the above file sizes normal for this type of
conversion? Is this the price for using the innodb format?

Thanks,
Stephen

Thread
Innodb file sizesStephen Lee3 Nov