List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:July 31 1999 9:22pm
Subject:Re: mysql_insert_id last_insert_id strange behavior
View as plain text
At 22:52, 19990731, Benjamin Pflugmann wrote:
>On Sat, Jul 31, 1999 at 04:45:25PM -0400, sam1600@stripped wrote:
>> Any ideas on the incosistency here?  Shouldn't the
>> select last_insert_id() called from myadmin32 show the
>> laste inserted id from php?
>
>No. LAST_INSERT_ID() depends on the connection.

Let me add that this is not only the way it works, but the way
it needs to work.  Otherwise LAST_INSERT_ID() is useless.

Tim
Thread
mysql_insert_id last_insert_id strange behaviorsam16001 Aug
  • Re: mysql_insert_id last_insert_id strange behaviorBenjamin Pflugmann1 Aug
    • Re: mysql_insert_id last_insert_id strange behaviorThimble Smith1 Aug