List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:November 2 2001 3:12am
Subject:Re: HOW do I return the results of a count to a variable
View as plain text
At 11:34 AM +0100 11/1/01, Harald Fuchs wrote:
>In article <p05100345b8063ddb205a@[192.168.1.31]>,
>Paul DuBois <paul@stripped> writes:
>
>>  [snip]
>>>  Of all the methods suggested I like the look of the one above and will
>>>  try that one first.
>>>
>>>  $count = $sth->fetchrow_array();
>>>
>>>  $rows = $sth->rows()
>
>>  Note that use of rows() to get the row count for a SELECT is deprecated
>>  in the DBI docs, which say that if you want to know the number of rows
>>  in a result set, fetch and count them.  (The reason is that rows()
>>  just doesn't work at all for some database engines.  On the other hand,
>>  it appears to work just fine for MySQL...)
>
>... unless you use 'mysql_use_result' instead of the default
>'mysql_store_result'.

Another reason to avoid rows(). :-)
Thread
(errno: 40)Eric Dean29 Oct
  • Re: (errno: 40)mickalo29 Oct
  • HOW do I return the results of a count to a variableMark Worsdall31 Oct
    • Re: HOW do I return the results of a count to a variablemickalo31 Oct
    • Re: HOW do I return the results of a count to a variablemickalo31 Oct
    • Re: HOW do I return the results of a count to a variablePaul DuBois31 Oct
      • Re: HOW do I return the results of a count to a variableMark Worsdall31 Oct
        • Re: HOW do I return the results of a count to a variablePaul DuBois1 Nov
  • Having trouble using LIMITMark Worsdall31 Oct
    • Re: Having trouble using LIMITSteve Meyers31 Oct
      • Re: Having trouble using LIMITMark Worsdall31 Oct
    • Re: Having trouble using LIMITPaul DuBois31 Oct
  • Re: HOW do I return the results of a count to a variableAnne Shroeder31 Oct
  • Re: HOW do I return the results of a count to a variableBill Adams1 Nov
    • Re: HOW do I return the results of a count to a variablePaul DuBois1 Nov
  • Re: HOW do I return the results of a count to a variableHarald Fuchs1 Nov
    • Re: HOW do I return the results of a count to a variablePaul DuBois2 Nov