List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Atle Veka Date:November 1 2001 12:01am
Subject:Re: Q about mysql_install_db under FreeBSD ports
View as plain text
I guess part of my question is:

. When did the change in the mysql code happen so that the -s switch is
  added to hostname for the mysql_install_db?

. For what particular reason? :)

Thanks,
Atle

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Atle Veka wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Dan Nelson wrote:
>
> > What part of the script fails?  Our /bin/hostname supports the -s
> > option.  The reason is so you don't have to type the fqdn of the
> > hostname just to look at a logfile.
>

> Dan,
>
> The hostname binary doesn't fail, and yes supports the -s switch. Problem
> is that something tries to look up what ``hostname -s'' returns, which it
> fails at. I would much rather have the FQDN in the mysql privilege system
> :)
>

> ## snip
> Sorry, the host 'ctrd3' could not be looked up.
> Please configure the 'hostname' command to return a correct hostname.
> If you want to solve this at a later stage, restart this script with
> the --force option
> *** Error code 1
> ## /snip
>
> Yes, I could solve this problem by changing my resolv.conf, but I
> don't think really that fix should be necessary :)
>

> Atle

Thread
Q about mysql_install_db under FreeBSD portsAtle Veka31 Oct
  • Re: Q about mysql_install_db under FreeBSD portsDan Nelson1 Nov
Re: Q about mysql_install_db under FreeBSD portsAtle Veka1 Nov
  • Re: Q about mysql_install_db under FreeBSD portsAtle Veka1 Nov