List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Atle Veka Date:October 31 2001 9:19pm
Subject:Q about mysql_install_db under FreeBSD ports
View as plain text
Hi all,

Is there any good reason for ``mysql_install_db'' to use the -s option to
hostname instead of using FQDN? Every time I install mysql 3.23 out of
ports, it fails running that script and I have to edit it manually and
remove the -s option.

# grep "/bin/hostname" work/mysql-3.23.36/scripts/mysql_install_db
hostname=`/bin/hostname -s`                # Install this too in the user
table

Thanks! :)

Atle
-
Flying Crocodile Inc, Unix Systems Administrator

Thread
Q about mysql_install_db under FreeBSD portsAtle Veka31 Oct
  • Re: Q about mysql_install_db under FreeBSD portsDan Nelson1 Nov
Re: Q about mysql_install_db under FreeBSD portsAtle Veka1 Nov
  • Re: Q about mysql_install_db under FreeBSD portsAtle Veka1 Nov