List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Khera Date:March 24 1999 3:03pm
Subject:RE: Problems with LONGTEXT/BSDI 4.0
View as plain text
>>>>> "MW" == Michael Widenius <monty@stripped> writes:

This is bad.  Really bad.  Please provide details so I can contact
BSDI support and have them fix it.  It is vital to my business.

Len> The application is myql itself.. I've tested this on Solaris and BSDI 4.0.. it
Len> only fails on BSDI 4.0.. isamchk -o output doesn't indicate anything wrong..

MW> <cut>

MW> Hi!

MW> I have now diagnosed the problem.  There is a feature in the mutex and
MW> condition handling in the BSDI 4.0 thread library that makes it
MW> incompatible with applications that follows the posix threads
MW> specifications..  Until this is fixed, MySQL will not
MW> work properly on BSDI 4.0 !

MW> (I can provide a patch for this, but I would prefer that BSDI removes
MW> this 'feature' from their thread library rather than making a ugly patch
MW> for MySQL)

MW> Regards,
MW> Monty

								v.
Thread
Problems with LONGTEXT/BSDI 4.0Len Rose21 Mar
  • Problems with LONGTEXT/BSDI 4.0sinisa21 Mar
    • RE: Problems with LONGTEXT/BSDI 4.0Len Rose22 Mar
      • RE: Problems with LONGTEXT/BSDI 4.0Michael Widenius24 Mar
        • RE: Problems with LONGTEXT/BSDI 4.0Vivek Khera24 Mar
          • RE: Problems with LONGTEXT/BSDI 4.0Len Rose24 Mar