List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:October 30 2001 11:00pm
Subject:Re: How to turn beeping off
View as plain text
At 3:43 PM -0700 10/30/01, massey@stripped wrote:
>Correct me if I am wrong. You are using Linux correct? I seen your post
>before but was leaving for awhile and could not help.

If he's using mysql.EXE, he's no doubt using Windows.  I believe you're
correct that it's not a mysql issue, though.

>Using the Linux theroy: Everytime you use anything you still get a beep
>correct?
>If so, you have sound enabled on all system functions therefore when you
>open close or in some cases do command prompt work it beeps. Mine did this
>on one install,,cute for about one hour<G> Look through you control panel
>for sound and there is where you rid yourself of it.
>
>WinNutsItsBrokeAgain can do the same thing, remember the Old DOS games<g>,
>through the PC Speaker.
>

>M;)
>
>>  At 4:34 PM -0500 10/30/01, Benjamin J Pracht wrote:
>>>Does anyone know how to turn that annoying beeping off in the text mode
>>>utilities such as mysql.exe?
>>>
>>>Ben Pracht
>>
>>  I don't believe mysql.exe has ever beeped at me.  What are you doing
>  > when it beeps at you?
Thread
How to turn beeping offBenjamin J Pracht30 Oct
  • Re: How to turn beeping offPaul DuBois30 Oct
    • Re: How to turn beeping offmassey30 Oct
      • Re: How to turn beeping offPaul DuBois30 Oct
        • Re: How to turn beeping offPaul DuBois31 Oct
  • Re: How to turn beeping offShankar Unni30 Oct
    • Re: How to turn beeping offPaul DuBois31 Oct
      • Re: How to turn beeping offrc31 Oct
  • RE: How to turn beeping offCarsten H. Pedersen30 Oct
    • RE: How to turn beeping offmassey31 Oct
    • Re: How to turn beeping offColin Faber31 Oct
    • Re: How to turn beeping offNathan31 Oct
Re: How to turn beeping offBenjamin J Pracht31 Oct
RE: How to turn beeping offAllen J. Schmidt31 Oct
  • MySQLfont ToolsTony31 Oct
RE: How to turn beeping offGeorge Eric R Contr AFSPC/CVYZ31 Oct