List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:October 30 2001 10:35pm
Subject:Re: Can field names be longer than ONE word?
View as plain text
At 5:16 PM +0000 10/30/01, David Ayliffe wrote:
>As subject what do I do if I want a field called (for example)
>Competition ID?
>
>I have looked (http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/R/CREATE_TABLE.html) but to no
>avail.
>I have tried enclosing it in "quotes" and 'single quotes' but neither
>work.  Can this be done?

Check this section instead:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/L/e/Legal_names.html

You want to use back quotes (`Competition ID`).

>Thanks lots
>David Ayliffe
>
>ICQ# 125646758
>
>For the filter: MySQL, Table, Database

Thread
Can field names be longer than ONE word?David Ayliffe30 Oct
  • Re: Can field names be longer than ONE word?Paul DuBois30 Oct
  • Re: Can field names be longer than ONE word?jim barchuk30 Oct
  • Re: Can field names be longer than ONE word?Shankar Unni30 Oct
  • RE: Can field names be longer than ONE word?Carsten H. Pedersen30 Oct