List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Lindberg Date:July 30 1999 11:10pm
Subject:Re: Subject Identifiers?
View as plain text
On Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:03:44 -0700 (PDT), Chris J. DiBona wrote:

>[MYSQL] identifier on the messages from the list. I knwo that I'd welcome
>it.

This is not ok with rfc822 and recommendations against modifying
messages. Also, it wastes space for people who can only see a limited
number of subject characters. Use the "mailing-list" header to filter
or look for "mysql@stripped" in the header to place the list
messages in a seperate mailbox.

With time, mailinglists including this one will have a List-id header
that will be globally unique and stay the same even when lists move.
this will then be the best header to filter on.

-Sincerely, Fred

SV: SV: Help ! Delete !Martin Edelius30 Jul
  • what happens if the system crash ?Mike30 Jul
    • what happens if the system crash ?sinisa30 Jul
    • Subject Identifiers?Chris J. DiBona30 Jul
  • Re: what happens if the system crash ?Sasha Pachev30 Jul
Re: Subject Identifiers?Fred Lindberg31 Jul