List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:October 30 2001 3:38pm
Subject:RE: installing mysql 3.23.43 - unrecognized option
View as plain text
At 10:32 AM -0500 10/30/01, Douglas B. Jones wrote:
>Hi,
>
>My /etc/my.cnf has the 'password' line commented out.
>Also, according to the instructions, that files is
>not copied over yet at the time one does the db
>install command: mysql_install_db.
>
>Any ideas?

It may be in another configuration file.  Locate the mysqld binary
and run it directly like this:

mysqld --help

Then look in the output for something that looks like this:

Default options are read from the following files in the given order:
/etc/my.cnf /usr/local/mysql/var/my.cnf ~/.my.cnf
The following groups are read: mysqld server
The following options may be given as the first argument:
--print-defaults	Print the program argument list and exit
--no-defaults		Don't read default options from any options file
--defaults-file=#	Only read default options from the given file #
--defaults-extra-file=# Read this file after the global files are read

Note the pathnames of the option files and check the contents of those
listed (at least those that actually exist on your system).

>Thanks,
>Cheers,
>Douglas
>
>p.s.: I copied Sinisa on this since he also came
>up with the same idea.

Thread
installing mysql 3.23.43 - unrecognized optionDouglas B. Jones30 Oct
  • Re: installing mysql 3.23.43 - unrecognized optionPaul DuBois30 Oct
    • RE: installing mysql 3.23.43 - unrecognized optionDouglas B. Jones30 Oct
      • RE: installing mysql 3.23.43 - unrecognized optionPaul DuBois30 Oct
  • Re: installing mysql 3.23.43 - unrecognized optionSinisa Milivojevic30 Oct