List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carsten H. Pedersen Date:October 29 2001 8:51pm
Subject:RE: can auto_increment wrap?
View as plain text
> Chris Bolt wrote:
> > Only with ISAM tables which reuse deleted auto_increment numbers. MyISAM
> > tables will give you "Duplicate entry" errors if you hit the maximum.
> I hadn't realized this and tested it out in MySQL 3.23.43, but in my tests
> ISAM tables also returned a "Duplicate entry" error when I hit
> the max. Was this "feature" eliminated?

I missed the start of this discussion, but maybe the following
explains what's going on...

/ Carsten
Carsten H. Pedersen
keeper and maintainer of the MySQL FAQ

can auto_increment wrap?D Campbell28 Oct
  • RE: can auto_increment wrap?Chris Bolt28 Oct
    • Re: can auto_increment wrap?David Felio29 Oct
      • RE: can auto_increment wrap?Chris Bolt29 Oct
      • RE: can auto_increment wrap?Carsten H. Pedersen29 Oct
  • Re: can auto_increment wrap?Dan Nelson28 Oct