List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Felio Date:October 29 2001 6:59pm
Subject:Re: can auto_increment wrap?
View as plain text
Chris Bolt wrote:

> Only with ISAM tables which reuse deleted auto_increment numbers. MyISAM
> tables will give you "Duplicate entry" errors if you hit the maximum.

I hadn't realized this and tested it out in MySQL 3.23.43, but in my tests
ISAM tables also returned a "Duplicate entry" error when I hit the max. Was
this "feature" eliminated?

--
David Felio     Software Developer     david@stripped
         Information Network of Arkansas

Thread
can auto_increment wrap?D Campbell28 Oct
  • RE: can auto_increment wrap?Chris Bolt28 Oct
    • Re: can auto_increment wrap?David Felio29 Oct
      • RE: can auto_increment wrap?Chris Bolt29 Oct
      • RE: can auto_increment wrap?Carsten H. Pedersen29 Oct
  • Re: can auto_increment wrap?Dan Nelson28 Oct