List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 30 1999 4:36pm
Subject:Re: Several questions
View as plain text
>>>>> "Nathan" == Nathan Clegg <nathan@stripped> writes:

Nathan> Thank you for your response.  I was worried I was going to get any
Nathan> answers.  Follow-up question:

Nathan> On 20-Jul-99 Christian Mack wrote:
>> Mysql doesn't have a MERGE command (yet).
>>
>> But you can simulate this by using a temporary table.
>> This works just fine, and is really fast.

Nathan> In order to plan ahead, do you think I should keep all of my tables in one
Nathan> database, as any future MERGE or UNION capability will require them to be,
Nathan> or can I be more hierarchical and keep each set of a dozen or so tables in
Nathan> its own database?

You can do it either way;  MERGE will work on both setups..

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Several questionsNathan Clegg14 Jul
  • Re: Several questionsChristian Mack20 Jul
    • Re: Several questionsNathan Clegg21 Jul
      • Re: Several questionsMichael Widenius30 Jul
  • Several questionsMichael Widenius30 Jul