List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 30 1999 6:44pm
Subject:Re: Question
View as plain text

Sasha> Peter Zaitsev wrote:

>> How to find out a number of distinct values of dome coloumn in the table
>>
>> count(distinct value) which works in MSSQL does not work in MYSQL
>>
>> Any Ideas ?
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Peter Zaitsev

Sasha> Monty said it should be working already in 3.23.1, but for some reason
Sasha> it is not - in the mean time, you can do SELECT * FROM table GROUP BY
Sasha> col_name, and then count how many rows it selects - not very efficient,
Sasha> but it does the job.

It works in the 3.23.2 version that will be released shortly.
(I just have to check all mails that I have got during my vacation)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
QuestionPeter Zaitsev28 Jul