List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:July 30 1999 6:01pm
Subject:Re: Binary Data & MySQL
View as plain text
Bryan Porter wrote:
> If I want to store binary data (images, soundfiles, etc) inside the MySQL
> database, how do I get these files into the database? Is there a way to do
> this using the DBI/DBD interface with perl?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> Regards,
> Bryan Porter
> Programmer/Analyst
> Executive Personal Computers, Inc.
> Ph: 209.1999
> Fx: 209.1998

You can use DBI->quote() to properly escape the funny characters. Also
make sure that you do not exceed max_packet_length in the query, and
somebody recently pointed out that thread_stack may also need to be big
enough to handle large insert statements.

Sasha Pachev (home) (work)
Binary Data & MySQLBryan Porter30 Jul
  • Re: Binary Data & MySQLSasha Pachev30 Jul
  • Binary Data & MySQLJani Tolonen1 Aug
  • Re: Binary Data & MySQLJose de Leon1 Aug
    • Re: Binary Data & MySQLMartin Ramsch1 Aug
    • Re: Binary Data & MySQLJani Tolonen2 Aug