List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:October 24 2001 11:45pm
Subject:Re: problem with permissions on solaris
View as plain text
At 16:06 -0700 10/24/01, Vijayanand Sukumar wrote:
>I installed Mysql on solaris 8 as root. I am able to access the database on
>the system.(Create tables ...access them etc).
>but when do it from the JSP it complains
>javax.servlet.servletException: General Error : Access denied for user:
>'@sunblade11' to database 'Messages' .
>The connection url I use is
>String connectionURL =

Don't know if this is your problem, but MM.MySQL only understands
'&' as the parameter separator, not ';', so you might try this

String connectionURL

If you're using Tomcat, note that there's an example jdbc:mysql string
in conf/server.xml that uses the ';' character, which is incorrect.  The
example looks like this:

       <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
               userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name" userCredCol="user_pass"
           userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />

>Can anyone please help me fix this problem ????
>Thanks in Advance

Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
problem with permissions on solarisVijayanand Sukumar25 Oct
  • Re: problem with permissions on solarisPaul DuBois25 Oct
RE: problem with permissions on solarisVijayanand Sukumar25 Oct