List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:October 24 2001 11:38pm
Subject:RE: Automatic Mathmatical Computation
View as plain text
At 23:11 +0000 10/24/01, david@stripped wrote:
>I am wondering if there is a way to make automatic computations into
>a particular column, for instance:
>Table ONE has column's A, B and C.
>When I post data to A and B, can I have C automatically calculate A
>/ B and post that answer onto column C?

No.  But you can set C to the result of computation yourself:

INSERT INTO tbl_name (A,B,C) VALUES (a_value,b_value,a_value/b_value)

>Again, I want this to happen automatically, I don't want to have to
>issue a SELECT statement for this procedure.
>Thanks for your help.

Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
RE: Automatic Mathmatical Computationdavid25 Oct
  • Re: Automatic Mathmatical ComputationKodrik25 Oct
  • RE: Automatic Mathmatical ComputationPaul DuBois25 Oct
  • Re: Automatic Mathmatical Computationcan25 Oct