List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:October 24 2001 9:15pm
Subject:Re: SCO OpenServer 5.0.x and Mysql DBI Driver
View as plain text
Here are my compiling notes.
I find gcc the best for compiling both MySQL and Perl modules as
outlined below.

Compiling Applications for SCO Open Server 5.0.5

Compiling the Tools

This CD contains compilers and tools in the sco-downloads directory that
can be loaded using the SCO 'custom' utility.

The SDK I used was compiled as follows, and resides in the "custom"
directory.
To install them, use "custom" and the media image option..

If you wish to compile them yourself, here are the instructions.
You will need the SCO development system.
You may check the "scripts" directory for some "zz" scripts to help you out.

To compile gcc-2.95.2:
	load SCO cc
	extract gcc-2.95.2 to a work directory
	mkdir objdir
	cd objdir
	../gcc-2.95.2/configure --prefix=/usr/gcc
	make bootstrap
	make install

To compile make:
	extract make-3.79 to a work direxctory
	./configure --prefix=/usr/tools
	make
	make install

To compile binutils:
	PATH=/usr/tools/bin:$PATH ; export PATH
	extract binutils-2.9.1 to a work directory
	mkdir objdir
	cd objdir
	../binutils-2.9.1/configure --prefix=/usr/tools
	make
	make install

Compiling MySql

To compile MySql you will need gcc-2.95.2 described above, along with
FSU-pthreads-3.5c from mysql.com. You will find "custom" loadable copies
in the 'custom' directory.
You will also need to load the linker and libraries off your SCO 5.0.5 CD.

I use the following script to compile and install MySql.
	PATH=/usr/gcc/bin:/usr/tools/bin:$PATH
	CC=gcc CXX=gcc ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
	make
	make install

Compiling Perl

To compile perl:
	edit hints/sco.sh and change:
		ld='ld'
		ld='gcc -fpic'

I use the following script to compile and install perl.
	PATH=/usr/tools/bin:/usr/gcc/bin:$PATH
	LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql
	export LD_RUN_PATH
	sh Configure -Dcc=gcc -Dprefix=/usr/local/perl -d
	make
	make install

Compiling Perl Modules

To compile DBI and Msql-Mysql-modules just follow the directions found
in the packages. No makefiles need to be edited after running 'perl
Makefile.PL'.

--
Gerald L. Clark
gerald_clark@stripped

Thread
SCO OpenServer 5.0.x and Mysql DBI DriverScott Powell24 Oct
  • Table Crashes Constantly on prod server!!Michael Blood24 Oct
    • Re: Table Crashes Constantly on prod server!!Bill Adams24 Oct
  • Re: SCO OpenServer 5.0.x and Mysql DBI DriverBoyd Lynn Gerber24 Oct
  • Re: SCO OpenServer 5.0.x and Mysql DBI DriverGerald Clark24 Oct
Re: Table Crashes Constantly on prod server!!Heikki Tuuri24 Oct
  • Re: Table Crashes Constantly on prod server!!joseph.bueno25 Oct
RE: SCO OpenServer 5.0.x and Mysql DBI DriverDean Grimes25 Oct