List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:July 30 1999 5:36pm
Subject:Re: Help ! Delete !
View as plain text
Ben-Nes Michael wrote:

> Hi All
>
> i done  "delete from xyzl;" and erased all the lines from my table
> when i clicked enter i realized what i done :-(
> can i take from some kind of backup ?
> i didnt done anything after the last action.

Yesterday,
All those backups seemed a waste of pay.
Now my database has gone away.
Oh I believe in yesterday.

I pushed something wrong
What it was I could not say.
Now all my data's gone
and I long for yesterday-ay-ay-ay.

The only way to fix the problem is if you have been backing up your
tables. If you are on an ISP, ask them to restore the most recent backup
of <table_name>.frm, <table_name>.ISM and <table_name>.ISD - if you are
on your own - hope you've been backing up your filesystem. If you or
your ISP gets confused about what exactly needs to be restored, post the
name of the table, the name of the database, and the output of SHOW
VARIABLES

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)