List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 30 1999 3:21pm
Subject:isamchk gives errors with 3.22.21
View as plain text

Ed> Periodically, I run the following script:
Ed> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ed> #! /bin/sh
Ed> cd /usr/local/var/mysql
Ed> echo Shutting down MySQL...
Ed> mysqladmin shutdown
Ed> N=1
Ed> while [ $N -gt 0 ]
Ed> do
Ed> 	N=`ps ax|grep mysqld|grep -v grep|wc -l`
Ed> 	N=`echo $N`
Ed> 	echo Still $N threads running...
Ed> 	sleep 1
Ed> done
Ed> echo Checking databases:
Ed> for i in `find . -name '*.ISM' -print`
Ed> do
Ed> 	i=`basename $i .ISM`
Ed> 	echo Checking $i
Ed> 	isamchk -e -s -o -f $i
Ed> done
Ed> echo Done - restarting MySQL
Ed> safe_mysqld&

Ed> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ed> The output of the script always gives me errors on the same table.  I've
Ed> deleted all records out of the table and reinserted, but get the same
Ed> errors.  None of the other tables give me errors, just this one:
Ed> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ed> # MySQL dump 5.13
Ed> #
Ed> # Host: localhost    Database: mysql
Ed> #--------------------------------------------------------
Ed> # Server version	3.22.21

Ed> #
Ed> # Table structure for table 'news'
Ed> #
Ed> CREATE TABLE news (
Ed>   headline varchar(255),
Ed>   url varchar(255),
Ed>   category varchar(255),
Ed>   arrived timestamp(14),
Ed>   source varchar(255),
Ed>   article mediumtext
Ed> );
Ed> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ed> Here's the output of 'checkdb':
Ed> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ed> Shutting down MySQL...
Ed> Still 4 threads running...
Ed> Still 0 threads running...
Ed> Checking databases:
Ed> Checking columns_priv
Ed> Checking db
Ed> Checking func
Ed> Checking host
Ed> Checking news
Ed> Found block that points outside data file at 108
Ed> Found block with too small length at 120; Skipped
Ed> Found block that points outside data file at 242
Ed> Found block with too small length at 254; Skipped
Ed> Found block that points outside data file at 359
Ed> Found block with too small length at 371; Skipped
Ed> [...]
Ed> Found block that points outside data file at 59326
Ed> Found block with too small length at 59338; Skipped
Ed> Found block with too small length at 59476; Skipped
> [...]

Hi!

If this is repeatable and the server doesn't die in between, then you
may have found an error in the ISAM file handling.

Please read the manual section: Debugging a MySQL server, to see if
you can create a test case that we could repeat!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
isamchk gives errors with 3.22.21Ed Carp13 Jul
  • isamchk gives errors with 3.22.21sinisa13 Jul
  • isamchk gives errors with 3.22.21Michael Widenius30 Jul