List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 30 1999 3:54pm
Subject:Re: what's equiv to 'NOT IN'
View as plain text
>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Ramsch <m.ramsch@stripped> writes:

Martin> On Tuesday, 1999-07-13 22:25:41 -0600, Hawke Robinson wrote:
>> SHOW COLUMNS FROM GamerFinder WHERE Field NOT
>> IN('ID','Email','PhoneNum');
>> I also tried:
>> SHOW COLUMNS FROM GamerFinder WHERE Field != 'ID';

Martin> The SHOW command doesn't understand WHERE.  Just look in the manual
Martin> what the exact syntax of SHOW is; everything _not_ mentioned there
Martin> isn't possible either.

Martin> So--as far as I see--it's not possible to SHOW all except one columns.
Martin> You will have to filter the data on the application side ...

Martin> Regards,
Martin>   Martin

Some day we will add a 'catalog database' interface in addition to the
SHOW commands. With this, you will be able to search on anything.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
what's equiv to 'NOT IN'Hawke Robinson14 Jul
  • Re: what's equiv to 'NOT IN'Martin Ramsch14 Jul
    • Re: what's equiv to 'NOT IN'Michael Widenius30 Jul
  • what's equiv to 'NOT IN'sinisa14 Jul
  • Re: what's equiv to 'NOT IN'Ralph Graulich14 Jul