List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sinisa Milivojevic Date:October 22 2001 12:24pm
Subject:Re: MyISAM API
View as plain text
Wendy Dillon writes:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I realise that a number of people have already asked this but as it was a
> while ago thought more info may now be available:
>
> Is there any documentation for the MyISAM C API yet apart from the source
> code?
>
> In previous discussions of accessing MyISAM directly I see 2 issues that are
> frequently highlighted, the first being that the API is not available in
> client/server mode which does not affect my project and the second being
> that it is not possible to access the same data through SQL and MyISAM at
> the same time because of concurrency problems.  This could be a major issue.
> Could anyone expand on this point?  I can see from the source code that
> there is locking provided through calls to the MyISAM library, does anyone
> have any info on this?
>
> I would be grateful for any information, particularly from anyone who has
> directly accessed (or attempted to directly access) MyISAM databases,
> reading and writing records.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wendy

Hi!

In 4.0.0 source code, you will find Docs subdir and in it myisam.txt.

Rest is up to you ...

   __  ___     ___ ____  __
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Mr. Sinisa Milivojevic <sinisa@stripped>
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   MySQL AB, FullTime Developer
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/   Larnaca, Cyprus
       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
MyISAM APIWendy Dillon22 Oct
  • Re: MyISAM APISinisa Milivojevic22 Oct
    • Re: MyISAM APIMichael Widenius29 Oct
  • Re: MyISAM APIDL Neil22 Oct
    • Re: MyISAM APISinisa Milivojevic22 Oct
      • RE: MyISAM APISteve Meyers22 Oct
        • Re: MyISAM APIDan Nelson22 Oct
        • Re: MyISAM APIJeremy Zawodny22 Oct
          • Re: MyISAM APISergei Golubchik22 Oct