List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 30 1999 2:01am
Subject:Distributed database
View as plain text
>>>>> "Bruno" == Bruno A Posokhow <posokhow@stripped> writes:

Bruno> Hi, I am new to mysql and I have been through the manual and I haven't seen any
> information about the possibility to use MySQL as a distributed database. Is it possible?
Bruno> Do you know also if there is am Oracle gateway to MySQL or if they plan to code
> one?
Bruno> Thanks
Bruno> Bruno

Hi!

MySQL is distributed in the sense that you can connect to it from a
remote site just as easily as connection to a local server.

No, there is no plans for a Oracle gateway for MySQL.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Distributed databaseBruno A Posokhow10 Jul
  • Distributed databaseMichael Widenius30 Jul