List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:jonathan michaels Date:July 30 1999 1:41am
Subject:Re: linux suitability -- mysql
View as plain text
On Thu, Jul 29, 1999 at 11:17:07AM -0400, Brighten Godfrey wrote:
> I'm running MySQL on OpenLinux 2.2 and it is of course quite stable.  I
> had no problems installing it (from a binary RPM) and getting it up and
> running.  It's quite fast (Thank you, developers!) on a 90MHz Pentium with
> 64 megs or ram and a SCSI disk.

good news, thank you.

i've gotten several other responces in email that say similar
things. this reinforces my own opinions (based on personal
experince) of the caldera distribution.

now all that remains to be seen is how well it will all work on
a real fileserver ... my old i386dx33 and its trusty sidekick, a
10 year old 345 mb fujitsu esdi harddrive.

thank you all fro responding, and its good to see that caldera
is so well supported in the community at large.

warm regards

jonathan

Jonathan Michaels
PO Box 144, Rosebery, NSW 1445 Australia

Thread
linux suitability -- mysqljonathan michaels29 Jul
  • Re: linux suitability -- mysqlBrighten Godfrey29 Jul
    • Re: linux suitability -- mysqljonathan michaels30 Jul
      • Re: linux suitability -- mysqlEd Carp30 Jul
        • Re: linux suitability -- mysqljonathan michaels1 Aug
          • Re: linux suitability -- mysqlVan1 Aug
  • Re: linux suitability -- mysqlColin McKinnon29 Jul